THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
Baptism is the first of the three “Sacraments of Christian Initiation.” Confirmation and Eucharist are the others. Baptism welcomes the person into the family of God and membership in the Body of Christ. It is a Sacrament we receive only once.
Baptism is the greatest gift a person can receive, whether as an infant, child, or adult. Baptism frees us from sin and starts us on our life-long journey to know and love God. Baptism is not something to “get done” because of family tradition. It is the entry into a Catholic Christian community and a life of faith in Jesus Christ. This is why the Catholic Church encourages baptism in infancy rather than waiting until a child can choose for his/herself. Why deprive a child of God’s special love and a good start in a life of faith by delaying baptism until later?
INFORMATION TO PREPARE FOR BAPTISM
- Phone the Parish Office at Tel: 604-942-7808
- Attend the Baptism class scheduled every 3rd Saturday of each month. (approximately 45 min.)
- Child must have a “Saint” name which does not have to be legal name.
- Godparents must be practicing Catholics, one Godfather and one Godmother is ideal.
- Parents must be registered with the Parish a minimum of two months.
- Baptism is scheduled every Sunday @12:30pm starting December 2021.
PLEASE ARRANGE THE BAPTISM DATE AFTER THE BAPTISM CLASS.